INGREDIENTS Serves 2-4
- 1 Bottle Everleigh Bottling Co. Negroni
- 1/4 cup tble salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked Black Pepper
- 400g piece Fresh Salmon, skin on & pin boned
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced into ribbons - 2 Pink Grapefruit, peeled & segmented
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill Sprigs
- 80g Caperberries, halved
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 75g Fresh Chevre
- Edible flowers or microherbs to garnish
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle
*Begin this recipe 1 day ahead.
Combine Negroni, salt, sugar, zest and pepper to make a paste. Spread half the mixture in a glass or ceramic dish. Add Salmon, skin- side down, and cover with remaining mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight, turning fish after 12 hours and spooning any liquid in the dish over the top.
Remove salmon from dish, reserving any liquid, and rinse. Pat dry with paper towel.
Very thinly slice cucumbers lengthways (a mandoline is ideal) and marinate in the reserved liquid for 30 minutes.
Very thinly slice salmon on the diagonal, discarding skin. Arrange on a serving platter. Scatter with cucumber, pink grapefruit segments, dill, radishes, caperberries and Chevre.
Garnish with edible flowers or micro herbs and drizzle with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil.