INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 1 Whole Free Range Chicken (broken down into pieces)
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 1 bunch thyme
- 150ml good chicken stock
- 150ml White Wine (we like a Pinot Gris for this reCipe)
- 100g Dried WIld Figs
- 1 Tablespoon Moscato Jelly
- Salt & Pepper to season - 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Heat olive oil in a large heavy based oven proof pan (with a lid). Add chicken and brown off slightly. Remove from pan and add garlic and onion. Sautee until softened. Add wine, stock, thyme, bay leaves, riesling jelly and figs and bring up to a simmer for approx 5 minutes until reduced slightly. Add chicken back into the pan, skin side up. Place lemon slices in and around chicken and season with salt and pepper. Place lid onto the pan and place in hot oven for approx 45 minutes. Remove lid and continue
in oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken has some golden brown colour.
Finish with a spritz of lemon juice and some extra sprigs of fresh thyme.
Serve with roasted potatoes.